You can’t start your day without a cup of hot coffee, but that doesn’t mean you need to spend a lot of money to get a quality coffee machine.
There are many options to ensure you enjoy your coffee without having to purchase coffee on the way to work, which can end up being much more expensive.
What’s a good coffee machine?
There are various factors that influence the quality of a coffee maker, such as how customizable and programmable it is.
These features ensure that you can always have exactly the type of coffee you want and they’re not reserved for expensive, high-end machines.
With that in mind, let’s explore the best coffee maker for under $100: enjoy in the reasonable priced machine benefits, along with four alternatives.
As we can see from the above table, budget-friendly coffee machines should be considered when you’re in the market for a new coffee maker.
They can be programmed with various functions and they also provide good capacity, such as being able to produce 10 to 14 cups of coffee with one pot.
So, forget everything you think you know about budget coffee makers! Let’s explore the above five coffee machines in greater detail so you can find the one that best suits you and your coffee preferences.
- 1 Best Coffee Maker For Under $100 – Reviews & Buying guide for 2020
- 1.1 Best Overall: Cuisinart Perfectemp Coffee Maker
- 1.2 Runner Up: BUNN GRB Velocity Brew Home Coffee Brewer
- 1.3 Alternative: Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker
- 1.4 Alternative: Cuisinart Programmable Coffeemaker
- 1.5 Alternative: KRUPS Programmable Coffee Maker
- 2 Coffee Maker Under 100 FAQ
- 2.1 Why are some coffee makers so expensive?
- 2.2 What can you expect from a coffee maker for under 100?
- 2.3 Is an inexpensive coffee maker worth it?
- 2.4 What type of coffee maker is best for under $100?
- 3 Conclusion
Best Coffee Maker For Under $100 – Reviews & Buying guide for 2020
Best Overall: Cuisinart Perfectemp Coffee Maker
This Cuisinart makes the top of our list of the best coffee makers, but why? Here’s what you need to know about all its special features.
- Brew strength feature
- Adjustable temperature control
- This coffee maker uses top-notch technology to keep your coffee hot but still packed with flavor. It has an adjustable temperature control to keep coffee warm, which is an important feature to look for in a coffee machine, whether it’s budget-friendly or more expensive.
- It has a brew strength control feature so you can choose bold or regular coffee flavor, depending on your preferences.
- This machine is completely automatic so you don’t have to do much to ensure you get delicious coffee whenever you want.
- It is self-cleaning, which takes the stress out of coffee maker maintenance.
- It comes with a gold tone coffee filter that’s also reusable for the ultimate convenience.
- Some people have reported that they can’t make a full pot of coffee because they always end up with grounds in their cup.
- Others have said that the carafe could do with a redesign because you have to move it quite far back in order to be able to fill the coffee maker, so it’s not very user-friendly.
- This stylish coffee maker comes in 12 beautiful colors and finishes so you can find the one that matches your kitchen perfectly.
- It has an auto-shutoff feature so if you forget it switched on you don’t have to worry about it using up lots of energy.
- While it has a whopping 14-cup capacity, you can also use it for between one to four cups which makes it practical.
This Cuisinart coffee maker Is focused on being practical while offering you excellent perks, such as temperature control, so you can brew the perfect cup of coffee with the best cheap coffee maker and always have a delicious beverage in your hands.
Although it does cost a bit more than $100, you do get high-quality features to enjoy that will take your coffee to a higher level.
Runner Up: BUNN GRB Velocity Brew Home Coffee Brewer
Sometimes you just don’t have time to waste in the morning and you want your coffee fast! If that sounds like you, then you’ll want to make use of this BUNN home coffee brewer.
- Three-minute brewing time
- Spray heads
- Funnel design
- If you want quick and easy coffee that tastes great, you’ll love this coffee brewer because it can brew a pot of coffee in just three minutes!
- It’s guaranteed to give you coffee that’s nice and hot whenever you want it, thanks to its internal hot water supply. On-demand coffee just got so much easier.
- When making coffee, you want to ensure enough water wets the coffee grounds to release their delicious aroma and taste, and this BUNN coffee maker achieves that because of how it has a multi-stream spray head. This pours hot water over all the coffee grounds in an even fashion.
- Speaking about flavor and aroma, this coffee maker has a big, flat bottom filter as well as a funnel design to ensure that there’s more contact between the coffee grounds and the water.
- One of the things that people don’t like about this coffee maker is that it doesn’t lock the pot in place, which is a feature you’ll find on many other coffee makers as it ensures better alignment with the coffee basket.
- Other people have reported that the coffee maker tends to overflow at times.
- This coffee maker does prevent spills that you have to mop up, however, thanks to its design. It has a drip-free carafe with a lid and spout design. This ensures that when the coffee enters the cup it does so in an arc flow and it also wicks away any excess coffee drops back into the carafe. No mess, no fuss!
If you want fast, hot coffee, this BUNN coffee maker is a must to buy. It’s also much cheaper than the Cuisinart coffee maker we previously reviewed, so it’s worth considering if you want a quality coffee machine without spending a lot of money on it.
Alternative: Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker
This two-way coffee maker gives you much more versatility with how you choose to enjoy your coffee. Let’s check out why it’s such a valuable coffee maker to own.
- Adjusts to various mugs and cups
- Measurement markings on reservoir
- 24-hour advance programming
- You can make coffee in two ways – you can enjoy one cup or have a full pot of 12 cups of coffee, so it’s the perfect versatile machine to have in your household.
- With its various automated features, making coffee in the morning is easy as 1, 2, 3. You can program a range of different features on this machine, such as choosing a regular or bold strength for your coffee, and it will deliver!
- You can use a variety of different mugs or coffee cups with this two-way brewer because it will brew directly into whatever container you want to use.
- It comes with a warming plate that keeps your coffee hot. This is a top feature that makes brewing a cup of coffee much more convenient.
- The single-serve side brew basket has a mesh filter. This means it will hold ground coffee in place.
- This coffee maker is durable yet light, and really easy to clean, so that’s a bonus to prevent dirt and grime from building up and affecting the functioning of your coffee machine.
- Some people have reported that this machine doesn’t make a sound to notify you when the coffee has been made. Although that is a small thing to consider, it can be a bit frustrating.
- Others have complained that the machine takes a long time to brew coffee.
- It comes with an auto shut-off feature that switches it off after two hours.
- The carafe side-water reservoir has measurement markings so you can fill what you need.
- You can program this coffee machine 24 hours ahead of time to ensure you’ll get the perfect cup of coffee when you want it. Perfect for having coffee as soon as you wake up in the mornings.
If you want a coffee maker that gives you a lot of capacity and can be programmed, you’ll love this one by Hamilton Beach. It is a little more expensive than $100, but it’s worth it for its features and perks, such as programmable functions that will add more convenience to your life.
Alternative: Cuisinart Programmable Coffeemaker
An ergonomic coffee machine for less than $100?
Cuisinart offers it (and more) in their programmable coffee maker. Let’s take a closer look at its features.
- Pause brew feature
- Charcoal water filter
- Ergonomic handle
- When using this coffee maker, you can pause the brewing process so you can enjoy your coffee right away.
- This machine has an adjustable heater plate so you can consume coffee at your ideal temperature.
- You can make use of 24-hour advance programming so you won’t forget to make coffee ever again!
- The purchase of this coffee maker comes with some extras included that you’ll love: a charcoal water filter to ensure that the water you use is always of the highest quality and so that your coffee tastes better, a permanent gold filter that only allows the freshest coffee, and a measuring scoop.
- The coffee pot is safe to put in the dishwasher.
- The LCD of this coffee maker is a bit too small and it doesn’t light up so it can be difficult to read in poor light.
- When you’re done brewing coffee, you might notice that some moisture becomes trapped underneath the top of the coffee maker as there are no holes for steam to be released. This can be a breeding ground for bacteria, so you’ll need to ensure you clean your coffee maker regularly.
- To make pouring your morning cup of coffee more comfortable, this Cuisinart coffee maker has an ergonomic handle.
- Its brushed metal design is attractive and stylish, so it will give your kitchen a boost of chic decor.
- This Cuisinart comes in nine different styles and colors.
If you like your coffee maker to have some extra frills, like a pause feature, you’ll love this coffee maker that’s the best coffee machine under 100 with some high-end features.
Alternative: KRUPS Programmable Coffee Maker
This stylish red, chrome, and black coffee maker will do much more than simply look good on your kitchen counter. It’s also the most budget-friendly coffee maker on our list, so it’s perfect if you want quality without emptying your wallet. Let’s check out its features.
- Three-step brewing
- Gold tone filter
- Excellent price
- This coffee maker has a three-step brewing process to draw as much coffee flavor as possible from the coffee granules. This makes a more aromatic and flavorful cup of coffee every time.
- Just like with the previous coffee maker we reviewed, it comes with a pause feature so you can drink your coffee whenever you want it instead of waiting.
- As with other, more expensive, coffee makers, this machine allows you to choose between bold or regular coffee strengths. The different strength settings are also useful if you have other people in your household who like to drink coffee.
- It has a 14-cup capacity, but you can choose to make smaller batches so you always have what you need, such as by choosing the 1-4 cup setting.
- This coffee maker has components that are made of plastic.
- Some people who have purchased it have reported that it doesn’t make very hot coffee.
- It comes with a permanent gold tone filter. This type of filter is highly rated because it keeps more oils in the coffee and this makes it taste richer as well as more flavorful.
- This machine is programmable so you can plan ahead for when you’ll want a cup of coffee. It’s pretty amazing that for its price you can still make use of such convenient programmable functions.
If you want a solid coffee maker that won’t let you down, and you don’t mind some of its drawbacks (such as that it’s constructed out of plastic), this is one of the best coffee makers under 100 to purchase.
Coffee Maker Under 100 FAQ
Have some questions about coffee makers or you’re just not sure which coffee maker is best to purchase? Let’s look at common questions so you can get all the information you need.
Why are some coffee makers so expensive?
If your jaw has dropped when you’ve seen the price of some coffee makers, you’ll love our review of the best coffee makers under 100. But still, what makes some coffee makers cost so much, you might be wondering?
There are some good reasons for their high prices, such as the following:
- Coffee machines need to be tested and developed, and lots of research goes into these processes.
- Coffee machines have many internal parts and these need to be of a high quality. Unfortunately, this also means that they’ll be more expensive.
- It’s not just what’s inside the coffee machine that contributes to its high cost – you also have to consider its finishing, such as brushed chrome or stainless steel. You can find coffee machines with plastic components which help to reduce their prices, but of course this is sometimes a drawback.
- Coffee machines that are made by superior brands will usually offer greater reassurance because you’ll know that the trusted brands will focus on providing quality to their customers. This will make you feel that you’re getting value for money, even if you have to shell out a bit more money for your coffee maker.
What can you expect from a coffee maker for under 100?
Gone are the days when budget coffee machines were looked down upon. These days you can find many coffee machines that don’t cost a lot of money but give you excellent quality.
Coffee machine manufacturers now offer coffee makers you can buy for $100 or less that contain features you need to be able to make your own delicious coffee at home.
As we’ve seen in our reviews of the best coffee machines under $100, there are many coffee makers on the market that provide you with features you need plus some extras
For example, there are many programmable functions you can use so that you have more control to customize your cup of coffee. These include things like being able to set a schedule so you can program the machine to make a cup of coffee when you want it.
You don’t have to purchase an expensive coffee machine in order to reap the benefits of tasty coffee at home.
Is an inexpensive coffee maker worth it?
There are different opinions on this issue. Some people think that you have to have an expensive coffee machine in order to make quality coffee, while others think you don’t.
The truth is that you need to also consider factors other than the coffee machine you’re using, such as the coffee beans!
These play a very important role in the type of coffee you can make at home. No matter how expensive your coffee machine, it means nothing without high-quality and tasty coffee.
That being said, there are times when splurging on a more expensive coffee machine can be worth it because it offers you high-end features you might not find in less expensive models.
These include milk frothing, notifications when you need to clean and descale the machine, bean grinding, and other features.
Some coffee machines that give you the most options for making coffee the way you like it, such as espresso machines, will usually cost the most money to purchase.
As we’ve seen in our reviews, you can find coffee machines that don’t cost a lot but give you high-end features, which just goes to show that it’s important to focus on purchasing a coffee machine that gives you what you want, as that will differ from one person to the next.
What type of coffee maker is best for under $100?
In order to ensure that you don’t buy a dud, you need to look for certain features when purchasing a coffee maker for under $100.
The Hamilton Beach coffee machine we reviewed in our guide comes out as one of the best you can purchase for less than $100.
It’s got everything you need to make a delicious cup of coffee: it’s automated, has programmable functions, can make up to 12 cups of coffee at once, and is easy to clean.
Those are all important features to look for in a coffee maker that’s kind to your budget. But, this machine also has some extra perks, such as a warming plate so you don’t have to worry about your coffee cooling down very quickly.
You can also pay a bit more than $100 for a good-quality coffee machine, such as the BUNN Velocity Brew machine that makes the runner-up spot in our list of reviews, and costs $109.99.
It has excellent features, such as an internal hot water supply for on-demand coffee, and a multi-stream spray head to ensure the coffee granules all receive the same amount of water so that their flavor can be released effectively.
One of the difficult things when purchasing a coffee machine is that all the machines seem to have different features and perks. It can be tough to know which one is best for you, but it really comes down to preference.
That’s why it’s important to think about your preferences when it comes to how you like to drink your coffee and what is most important to you. Do you want super-hot coffee on demand? Or would you rather have a self-cleaning coffee machine?
Here are some things to consider before you pay for a new coffee machine:
Do you like to try different coffee varieties and flavors?
If so, a good choice is to buy a single-serve coffee maker.
Do you want a stronger cup of coffee?
An espresso maker might be best for you in this case, but if you want more flexibility when it comes to brew strength you should choose a machine that allows you to choose the coffee strength you want.
This is also a good choice if you have other members in your household who like to have their coffee in different ways.
How much coffee do you need daily?
This will help you to choose a machine with the right capacity.
If you have many members in your household who love coffee or you regularly entertain guests at home, then you’ll need greater capacity. As we’ve seen in the coffee machines in our reviews, their cup capacity ranges from 10 to 14 cups.
How much convenience do you want?
Maybe you want a coffee machine you can program so that you’ll always have freshly-brewed coffee in the morning, or perhaps you want a machine that comes with an automatic shut-off feature so that it will save energy when not in use.
These are important to think about so that making coffee in your home is not only budget-friendly but much more convenient!
As we have seen in the coffee machines we’ve reviewed in this guide, there are many coffee machines that you can purchase for $100 or less that provide you with convenient programmable functions.
If you’re looking for a quality coffee maker that will guarantee you can have delicious coffee every day right in the comfort of your home, you don’t need to spend a lot of money – and that doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice on the top-notch features that you want in a coffee machine.
In this article, we’ve featured the best coffee maker for under $100 as well as four alternatives, some of which are a little more expensive but still won’t ruin your budget.
By choosing a budget-friendly coffee maker, you can get quality coffee while having more money to purchase coffee grounds, pods, or beans to use in it.
Last Updated on November 13, 2020